November 22, 2013

I'm thankful for five years. . .

     I have something to confess. Two days ago I was crying at the thought of our upcoming anniversary, not because I don't love my husband, I do!!!  I just wanted to be pregnant by now. I prayed that God would let me at least be pregnant by Nov. 22. I've been praying it all year.  Still, I have reasons to smile.
      God is not holding out on us, and He does not owe us a child.  God has given me to Daniel and Daniel to me, and it has been a blessing to me.  God gave me a godly man, with a wonderful sense of humor. Daniel is great, and has strangely known what to do to make me laugh even in the face of infertility. He has teased me about having quadruplets when I was on Clomid, and went around quoting Kung Fu Panda when I went an acupucturist.  I think I would be a lot more depressed if I did not have him in my life, making me laugh. All in all I have more than I deserve.
      This is also a memorable anniversary, because we are buying a house, but we have not been able to close yet. Two days before closing the underwriters insisted that central heat and air be added to the house first.  So we are spending our anniversary like we've been spending the past several weeks: sleeping on an air mattress in my in-laws home. I am thankful that they put up with us through all of this, so we don't have to live in a crummy extended stay hotel, or take out a lease on an apartment. I think, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. If I were reading my story these would be the interesting parts. The interesting parts are not always the most fun to experience, but I learn more through them these experiences than through anything else. I'm learning to trust God a little bit more, and to love my husband more, and to laugh at the little things so that the big things don't swallow me whole. I can't end this post though without adding this video clip from Kung Fu Panda.
    

1 comment:

  1. funny clip :) Happy Anniversary. I love you so much- more than words can express~

    ReplyDelete