August 14, 2013

Lakeland Presbyterian Church 4 and 5 year old class

     I volunteered to help with the 4 and 5 year old class at Lakeland Presbyterian Church, for their Wednesday night services. I love this age group, they are so cute.  We had 8 children tonight 7 girls, and 1 boy. One of our little girls was shy, but the rest of them were lively and talkative. They were so talkative that it was very hard to get through our lesson. We were supposed to be teaching them about the invisible God and how His qualities could be seen in the world He created.

     That is when Marley told us that we could see everything in the room except for God and the wind. She then preceded to tell us that we could only see God if we died and went to heaven. Marley obviously wanted to be the teacher. Everyone else wanted to sing songs. They all took turns getting up and singing songs. They sang everything from Jesus loves me, to the ABC song and one girl made up a song about hopping.

     We ran out of time and were unable to go outside to play, all of the children were sad about this. I told them that why. "There was so much talking that we did not have time to go outside after our lesson, but maybe if we listen and are quiet next week we can go outside if the weather is good." Will they remember this? I doubt it.  Kym taught this week and I will be teaching next week. They are a fun little group, but I do hope I can get a word in edgewise next week. 

2 comments:

  1. At least they are not dull, boring children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is for sure. I really enjoyed myself. I'm looking forward to teaching next week, even if they can't sit still.

    ReplyDelete